SUMMERBRIDGE PITTSBURGH provides a life-changing academic experience that increases the odds that Greater Pittsburgh Middle School students will go to college.
We are seeking a diverse group of talented college students willing to commit 9 weeks of their summer creating an intense, inspiring, and academically rigorous learning community that will provide our educationally at-risk students with the support that they need to be successful in high school, college and beyond.
• Be an advisor, mentor, and role model to students
• Teach two sections of an academic core class (Math, Public Speaking, Wellness or Writing through Literature)
• Design and teach one section of an academic elective or conflict resolution enrichment class
• Teach one section of a fun mini-course
• Design, implement, and evaluate the daily curriculum for each of these classes
• Work with a team of teachers to organize extracurricular aspects of the program
• Supervise lunch, recess, and other extracurricular activities daily
• Attend morning and afternoon faculty meetings
• Evaluate the work of your students, the program, and your own performance
• Demonstrate leadership, motivation, and responsibility in all that you undertake
A stipend of $1650 is guaranteed for all accepted applicants.
Applications can be found online: http://summerbridge.sewickley.org
(412) 741-741-2230, ext. 3141
315 Academy Ave.
Sewickley, PA 15143
Phone: (412) 741-2230 x3141
Email: Tiffany Craig